Manufacturing Software Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Software is at the centre of Formlabs product development, as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
As a Manufacturing Software Engineer, you will develop the software components that run in our factories around the world and help bring 3D printers to consumers. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of factory software development, and take our products from design to mass manufacturing. As one of the final engineers to work on a product before it ships to customers, you’ll have the responsibility to ensure high quality and reliable production.
If you are passionate about software and want to develop services that will be used to build thousands of printers and related products worldwide then we want you on the Formlabs Team as a Manufacturing Software Engineer.
- Push products from design to shipping by developing calibration and testing software for our factories
- Go low level by writing and deploying tests for a wide array of hardware systems.
- Continuously improve our development and deployment process to streamline releases into our factories around the world.
- Use data science to gain insight into our production lines and feed those insights back into your software development.
- Have extensive Python coding experience
- Are very comfortable using the command line and ssh to develop on Linux systems.
- Have a passion for consistently releasing high-quality software
- Have a broad set of technical skills, from circuits to full stack, that you can bring to bear simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of embedded, electrical, and mechanical engineering
- Get excited about automating labor out of systems
- Worked with manufacturing teams in past
- Experience testing in an embedded context
- An inclusive work environment with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Equity in the company for full-time employees (we’re a Unicorn company)
- Development opportunities, both in-house and offsite
- Free beverages and snacks
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
Formlabs is growing exponentially. This position will be a part of our US-based software team but located in our new Budapest office. We build amazing things. Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.