Firmware Software Engineer - C/C++
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics – our embedded engineers are the essential component that ties these teams together. As an Embedded Software Engineer at Formlabs, you’ll collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers and the rest of our software team to build, shape, and define our embedded systems.
If you’re excited to hack on firmware and create elegant solutions to problems on real-world products, we want you to join the Form Team as an Firmware Engineer.
- Design and implement embedded software applications from ideation to release
- Write and ship meaningful code that makes our custom hardware work, find the bugs, and ultimately pushes the limits of 3D printing
- Collaborate with a stellar team of diverse engineers to enhance the user experience of our products
- Have 3+ years experience working with embedded systems
- Have a passion for firmware and embedded electronics
- Are a C++ expert and also comfortable working with C and Python
- Write, test, and debug low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Development in Unix environments
- Love to work in a collaborative environment
- Are a quick and intuitive decision maker
- Operate on a desire for excellence and a sense of ownership
- Experience with the Linux kernel, e.g. writing device drivers
- Experience working with high-value consumer electronics
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Background in electronics or robotics
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Fully stocked kitchens and catered lunch 3x per week
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.