CAREERS AT FORMLABS
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs needs an experienced writer who is knowledgeable about technology and instructional content. We’re in search of someone who can easily identify what a user needs to know and quickly develop polished technical product resources. If you have a flair for the written word, a skill for understanding hardware, and a desire to elevate the user’s experience, we have the perfect challenge for you.
Join the Services team at Formlabs to produce best-in-class product resources and continue improving the best desktop 3D printing experience. We’re looking for an enthusiastic Technical Writer to help us support end-users.
Please include writing or work samples to demonstrate past projects, along with your résumé and cover letter.
- Develop accurate, actionable documentation for 3D printer hardware, software, and materials
- Work collaboratively with customer support and engineering to research and write resources for internal and external use
- Equip customer support team members to troubleshoot and deliver well-informed guidance to end users
- Have experience compiling easy-to-follow, concise, well-formatted information for an audience
- Work through all stages of content development: concept, outline, draft, revise, publish
- Psyched to help our users learn how, when, and where they desire
- Are thorough in attention to spelling, grammar, and formatting according to defined styles
- Know how to use XML, DITA, DocBook or related formats and standards with technical help authoring tools, such as MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, or FrameMaker (to name a few)
- Have a track record of giving and receiving feedback about written work
- Proven ability to research the audience, check the facts, and anticipate users’ questions
- Familiarity with 3D printing or analogous hardware: the technology and the industry
- Ability to empathize with the needs of a technical- and soft-skill-focused customer service team
- Basic experience with creating instructional photo and video assets
- Familiarity with the principles and tools of basic HTML and web design
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
*Please note this position is based out of our Somerville, MA office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.