Software Engineer - C++ / Python
Location: Somerville, MA
Software is at the center of our product development, as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
Formlabs continues to develop one of the most powerful and intuitive desktop print applications on the market: PreForm. Beyond the desktop, our Software Team makes all of our backend tools work together – from calibration software at the factory to world-class web functionality all over.
If you’re passionate about systems, can move from one platform to another, and want to have a big influence on the backend side of a complex product – we want you on the Form Team as a Software Engineer.
- Design bigger software systems to support our 3D printing desktop software
- Integrate all or our backend system architecture
- Immerse yourself in all kinds of code
- An accomplished engineer who is passionate about backend functionality
- Are a full stack software developer, from systems level software to user interfaces
- Love to work in diverse environments (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- Code extensively in C++ (Qt) and Python
- Know Git inside and out
- Comfortable with complex algorithms
- Can build complex software products
- Can lead projects and partner with other teams
- Are excited to dive into a huge variety of challenges
- Experience creating automated software build systems
- Computational geometry, OpenGL
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Fully stocked kitchens and catered lunches 3x per week
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.