Finance and Accounting Lead
Location: Berlin, Germany
We are Formlabs and we want to revolutionise the way things are made! As global leader in desktop 3D printing, the Formlabs group including it’s subsidiary Formlabs GmbH collectively enjoy a strong financial position, rapid revenue growth, and profitability at the group level.
Our Formlabs Berlin team is very international with over 120 people from 20+ countries. We are growing our business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Our customers come from many different branches, such as Engineering, Product Design, Dentistry, Medical, Architecture, Jewellery and Education.
Formlabs is growing explosively on all fronts, and that means we need more leading muscle on our Finance team. At Formlabs, that means applying careful awareness and attention to detail when driving financial operations, while delivering the valuable information required to manage our scaling business.
If you are fiercely passionate about streamlining, are vigilant and diligent when handling money, and want to have a high impact on a fast-growing company, we want you on the Finance Team as our Finance and Accounting Lead.
- Lead the EU financial team to support our expanding business in EMEA
- Partner with the Global CFO and EMEA MD on strategic financial decision making
- Ensure that all of our financial practices are in line with statutory regulations, legislation and Formlabs business practices
- Ensure a smooth month end close process
- Lead the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process
- Create monthly business reporting with emphasis on financial and nonfinancial KPIs
- Actively monitor and manage cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Identify, recommend and drive implementation of automation and other system-driven productivity tools
- Identify, recommend and drive implementation of internal control program
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
- Preparation of due diligence and external audits (statutory, VAT and other internal audits)
- Have at least 5 to 10 years experience in a leading financial role at hardware or software GmbH in Germany
- Have in-depth knowledge of VAT, as well as accounting standards according to US GAAP, HGB, and IFRS and controlling processes
- Experience in preparing and managing due diligence and/or external audits
- Act as the main contact person for tax authorities
- Have proven people management skills and have managed AP, AR, GL and FP&A functions
- Ideally you worked already with NetSuite and DATEV
- Are fluent in German (C2) and English (C2)
- Passionate about 3D printing and the tech industry
- Experience at a rapidly growing startup or established company
- ERP System implementation experience
- Worked in an international environment
- An inclusive work environment with diverse, international, inspiring colleagues
- An exceptionally fast growing company in a highly disruptive industry
- Shares in the company for full-time employees (we’re a Unicorn company)
- Development opportunities both in-house and offsite
- Catering three times per week, free beverages and snacks
- 50 EUR commuter benefit with BVG
- Discount for Urban Sports Club
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
Please send us your CV and a cover letter in which you help us better understand what attracts you to this role in Formlabs and why? We'd also like to read about how you influenced a company's crucial success factor with your work.
We look forward to meeting you! Our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.