R+D Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)
Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, electronics, and materials. The Formlabs R&D Team does it all. As an R&D intern you will design, prototype, build, and test the systems that go into the next generation of our 3D printers. You will need to hack electromechanical systems and iterate quickly to find elegant solutions. R&D Interns will gain a unique and comprehensive picture of the future of 3D printing at Formlabs. If you are passionate about hands-on engineering and are ready to tackle complex challenges with real world constraints we want you on the Formlabs R&D Team.
*Submitting a portfolio is strongly encouraged*
- Have hacker skills that put MacGyver to shame
- Are ready to dive into complex electromechanical subsystems
- Love to prototype new mechanisms and test components
- Can teardown and reverse engineer complex mechanical assemblies
- Have working knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Are comfortable working in SolidWorks
- Have built electro-mechanical systems in the past (e.g. microcontrollers, sensors, actuators)
- Enjoy contributing to projects that are larger than you can build alone
- Excited to hit the ground running and work on seriously impactful projects
- Have a strong portfolio of past work
Please note that this position is based out of Durham, North Carolina.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.