Robotics Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)
Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
If you’re looking to apply your robotics knowledge to challenging problems that will stretch your ability to engineer and design complex systems, join Formlabs as a Robotics Engineering Intern. We’re working to reinvent additive manufacturing and enable designers, engineers, researchers, health practitioners and artists all around the world.
At Formlabs, you can apply an interdisciplinary approach to solving technically hard problems.
Use your experience and skills at making complex systems work to research, develop, design and ship 3D printers. You will write software for precise motion control and sensor readings, making sound design decisions about mechanisms and software to allow Formlabs to move quickly and develop systems faster.
- A portfolio/website is strongly encouraged for this role
- Engineer electro-mechanical systems for 3D printers
- Assist in writing software, building electronics, and designing mechanism
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary engineering products
- Experience working in mechanical design, electrical systems and software
- Experience using Python or a similar language to analyze data and control electro-mechanical systems
- Flexible Vacation
- Unlimited 3D prints
Please note that this position is based out of Durham, North Carolina.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.