Electromechanical Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)
Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
If you’re looking for an opportunity that will stretch your abilities to develop innovative electro-mechanical solutions and offer a fast paced yet inspiring environment, join Formlabs. We’re working to reinvent additive manufacturing and enable designers, engineers, researchers, health practitioners and artists all around the world.
A 3D printer is a complex interconnected electro-mechanical device comprised of dozens of subsystems. We’re looking for an electro-mechanical engineer to help develop the most advanced and ground breaking professional 3D printers. Our goal is 3D printers that are cost efficient, precise, and accessible. We need your help to design and develop complex electro-mechanical systems.
Using a deep understanding of machine design, you will be part of a mechanical engineering team to research, develop, test, and design systems for mass production.
- Assist in researching, developing and producing numerous electro-mechanical systems
- Integrate mechanical, software and electrical systems to work together reliably
- Ensure designs fulfill objectives, and refine designs for manufacturability
- An understanding of mechanical motions, materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience in designing for manufacture and assembly
- Flexible Vacation
- Unlimited 3D prints
Please note that this position is based out of Durham, North Carolina.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.