3D Printer Integration Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our printers sit in the middle of an interdependent ecosystem of software, mechanical, and electrical components. Ensuring printer success requires deep technical knowledge of the product as well as an ever-evolving understanding of how the product behaves in the field.
Our Integration Engineers support all parts of the product development cycle from early R+D to continuing engineering for shipped products. We collaborate closely with design teams to overcome cross-disciplinary problems and ensure that we ship robust products. You will work on a team with other Integration Engineers who support the full range of Formlabs products from new resins to new printers.
- You will develop a deep understanding of stereolithography and use it to evaluate how design decisions will affect printer robustness
- Work from first principles to evaluate new sensors and design controllers for supporting the printing process
- Use insights gained from field and manufacturing data to guide continuous improvement of our products
- Develop testing methodologies to characterize system performance and lifetime
- Are well versed in hardware debugging and passionate about understanding why things work (or don’t)
- Have previous experience (3-5 years) designing complex electromechanical systems
- Are a fluent programmer who can write test automation and data collection scripts and also understand the intricacies of a complex code base
- Prefer taking a hands-on approach to solve challenging problems
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.