Mechanical Product Leader
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing mechanical design team is creating products that will lead the industry in the 3d printing space. They are the engineers that create and develop the mechanisms, structures, and systems that ensure printers perform accurately and reliably. Our team works closely with other engineering teams to research and develop Formlabs next-generation printers and materials. We use engineering, physics, and experimentation to create products that change the landscape of 3d printing.
Do you imagine how to make a complex system work better? Do you want to make something that hasn't been done before? We want you to join our team as an Mechanical Product Leader.
- Will be a product architect for the creation of new 3d printers
- Mentor and manage a team of 6-8 mechanical engineers
- Involved in the hiring process to grow the team
- Work on cross discipline teams to provide an integrated mechanical design
- Input in the creation of the development roadmap
- Ensure your team is meeting development milestones
- An expert mechanical engineer with strong domain knowledge and skills
- Previous experience managing a team of engineers
- Developed complex technologies from early stages through production
- Experience managing project timelines, action plans, and project risks
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.