Location: Somerville, MA
Formlabs is growing explosively on all fronts, which means we need more operational muscle on our Finance & Accounting team. At Formlabs, that means applying attention to detail and good judgement when driving financial operations, while delivering the accurate and timely information required to manage our scaling business.
If you are fiercely passionate about streamlining, are vigilant and diligent when handling money, and want to have a high impact on a fast growing company, we want you on the Finance Team.
- Oversee the global operations of the GL accounting team and drive improvement in the GL operations to streamline processes.
- Implement appropriate controls (familiarity with SOX control processes at public companies is desired) and improve existing policies and procedures.
- Lead and own various system implementation projects (NetSuite, Financial Reporting, EPM etc)
- Lead the inventory reconciliation process and work with Logistics team to continue to drive efficiencies in the process
- Coordinate with the internal and external accounting team of domestic and international subsidiaries, review results and ensure proper elimination and consolidation
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and direct the overall outside audit.
- Manage a team of four and drive the professional development of the team
- Bachelors and or Masters with an emphasis in accounting; CPA and manufacturing/inventory experience strongly preferred; NetSuite or similar cloud-based accounting system experience preferred
- 7 to 10 years of hands-on accounting experience; 2+ years in a management role; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of the financial reporting/ accounting cycle;
- Knowledge implementing an ERP system preferred.
- Big 4 audit experience a plus
- Highly analytical and data driven
- Possess strong accounting acumen and a zeal for continuous improvement
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dive deep into the details and put solid problem-solving skills to work
- A critical thinker, who can quickly identify and address errors
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Take initiative and ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about 3D printing and the tech industry
- Experience at a rapidly growing startup
- Google Suite whiz (especially Sheets)
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.