Manufacturing Operations Lead
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Manufacturing leaders at Formlabs harness all major engineering disciplines – mechanical, electrical, software, materials, optics, and more - to ensure our lines deliver quality products seamlessly. If you’re a product-driven thinker who makes excellent technical decisions, inspires and grows the people around you, and can communicate with diverse teams, we want you as our Manufacturing Operations Lead.
- Monitor manufacturing line yield, throughput and labor content
- Design and deploy manufacturing, assembly and automation equipment
- Resolve technical production issues at supplier or contract manufacturing locations
- Improve assembly processes and material flow
- Implement cost reduction measures through contract negotiation, identifying multiple sources and value engineering
- Have a Bachelor's degree in an applicable engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, etc.)
- Are a hands-on engineer, well versed in hardware debugging and experimental design
- Have experience leading teams of engineers
- Have a desire to deeply understand system level interactions of complex electro-mechanical products
- Have experience with Python
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.