Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Formlabs aims to make the best 3D printers in the industry. An excellent printer begins with the development of a robust method of printing which is then tuned to perfection. This is what process engineering is all about at Formlabs.
Process engineers apply a deep understanding of physical systems to improve our existing hardware and design entirely new ways of printing. Process engineering is behind many software improvements, optics designs, and all of our hardware platforms. As an example the Low Force Stereolithography (LFS) process inside Form 3 and Form 3L began with a small group of process engineers.
You'll work across broad domains such as electronics, software, optics, mechanics, and material science to really understand how things work. If you are someone who looks to understand how things work to create practical and useful things you just might be a great fit for our team.
To help you gauge if you might be a good fit here are qualities we have found in our strongest engineers. We hope:
- You are adept at practical science. When you need to run an experiment you can get it done quickly and efficiently.
- You are analytical when you need to be. You can create and manipulate theoretical models to get insight into observations.
- Even if it's messy you can write software. Some examples of software you might need to work with include data analysis, tool path generation and image processing.
- You have both a strong theoretical base and good physical intuition.
- You know how to work with instrumentation, especially to measure things that are hard to measure
- You have a broad understanding of many scientific fields and depth in at least one
If this excites you please apply. To really stand out please include any relevant examples of work you’ve done. If it helps show what you’ve done, we’re interested. We’re happy to take a look at portfolios, photos, documents, etc.
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
Please note that this role will be based in our Durham, North Carolina office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.