Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our small but mighty Legal team of two lawyers and a paralegal works to provide a foundation to scale the company and guide Formlabs through its growth. We thrive on providing effective business solutions to legal questions and partnering with all parts of Formlabs to achieve the best results. If you’re excited to be part of the magic and turbo-charge our impressive IP portfolio, we want you as our Patent Agent.
- Guide inventions from R&D to issued patent
- Draft clear and thorough patent applications
- Partner with engineers to understand and translate their inventions into comprehensive and clear patent applications
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the legal team, outside counsel and management on patent matters
- Conduct thoughtful analysis of prior art and other patents in the technology space
- Articulate complex concepts with simplicity
- Understand the technology space and where it’s going next
- Member of the Patent Bar
- 5+ years of experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications at a law firm or technology company
- Degree in electrical, mechanical, or optical engineering, or other relevant program/ experience
- Like to move fast, you’re detailed, organized and deadline-driven
- Curious about how stuff works
- Enjoy teaching others about technology
- A resourceful and creative thinker
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Experience with 3D printing
- CAD Software experience, e.g. Solidworks
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.