Director of Real Estate & Facilities
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As Formlabs grows, our workspaces need to scale with us. We want to provide great places for our employees to work, in sites suiting the needs of each department, at a cost and pace matching our business. We’re searching for someone who thrives on constantly finding solutions to operational and organizational problems. We are looking for a leader who can scale out our space, support and enable our operations and facilities teams, and allow our business to have maximum reach.
If you’re a forward-thinking leader, who can research, recommend, plan, and execute the successful scaling of our offices and expansion, we want you to join us as our Director of Real Estate and Facilities.
- Grow our footprint and support business expansion to new sites and locations
- Develop short and long-term plans and budgets based upon organizational goals
- Create workspaces that maximize productivity and foster collaboration
- Manage, enable, and optimize the efforts of our Operations and Facilities teams
- Collaborate with other stakeholders across the company to make our spaces great
- Work closely with real estate consultants to identify key requirements
- Take charge of mid to long term real estate strategy
- Own negotiation with local governments and landlords for favorable lease terms
- Comfortable working in a changing environment
- Can efficiently organize resources
- Take pleasure in negotiating, optimizing costs, and finding creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of strategically prioritizing needs vs asks
- Thoughtful about how the work environment impacts employee experience and culture
- Background in operations or real estate
- Background in finance / quantitative work
*Please note this position is based out of our Somerville, MA office but would include travel to other future (and potential) sites.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.