Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products.
Software engineers at Formlabs write code that drives our hardware and enables new and inventive uses of our products. Our software team is responsible for developing desktop and web applications, optimizing our print algorithms, and working across engineering disciplines to realize cutting-edge capabilities.
To help you gauge if you might be a good fit, here are some qualities we’ve found in our top software engineers. We hope:
- You have experience in embedded, frontend, or backend development.
- You write high-quality code that strikes the balance of maintainability and moving fast, and strive to produce world-class systems.
- You can go from concept to shippable code quickly when needed.
- You know how to test your work, both in functionality and performance.
- You have a knack for understanding and simplifying complex problems.
- You can thoroughly explain the work you’ve done, and maintain a portfolio that showcases your accomplishments.
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
Please note that this position is based out of Durham, North Carolina. If this excites you, please apply. To really stand out, please include any relevant examples of work you’ve done. If it helps show what you’ve done, we’re interested. We’re happy to take a look at portfolios, photos, documents, or anything that best showcases what you’ve built.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.