Electrical Engineering Intern
Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics. Working on our EE team, you’ll get to do it all! From designing circuitboards, and hacking on firmware, to finding elegant solutions to problems on actual products that will ship to customers and everything in between. As part of our interdisciplinary team, you will work hands-on with our hardware. If you are passionate about digital, analog, or electromechanical devices, we want you to join Formlabs as an Electrical Engineering Intern.
- Are comfortable moving between analog and digital systems
- Are ready to dive into complex electromechanical subsystems
- Are experienced with soldering and other aspects of prototyping your designs
- Are comfortable doing independent research and development and making design decisions
- Have worked on projects with microcontrollers, sensors, feedback, or motor control
- Have designed, assembled, and debugged PCBs
- Like to code and are comfortable programming microcontrollers in C and developing test scripts in Python
- Are excited about designing products that work well to delight customers
- You have a portfolio or website that you can share that reflects your past work on hardware and software projects
Please note that you will be based out of Durham, North Carolina.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.