Senior Embedded Software Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics – our embedded engineers are the essential component that ties these teams together. As an Embedded Software Engineer at Formlabs, you’ll collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers and the rest of our software team to build, shape, and define our embedded systems.
If you’re excited to hack on firmware and create elegant solutions to problems on real-world products, we want you to join the Form Team as an Embedded Software Engineer.
- Design and implement embedded software applications from ideation to release
- Write and ship meaningful code that makes our custom hardware work, find the bugs, and ultimately pushes the limits of 3D printing
- Collaborate with a stellar team of diverse engineers to enhance the user experience of our products
- Love firmware and embedded electronics
- Are a C++ expert and comfortable working with C and Python
- Write, test, and debug low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Development in Unix environments
- Thrive working in a collaborative international environment
- Quickly and intuitively make decisions
- Operate on a desire for excellence and a sense of ownership
- 5+ years experience working with embedded systems
- Experience with the Linux kernel, e.g. writing device drivers
- Experience working with high-value consumer electronics
- Passion and experience in 3D printing
- Background in electronics or robotics
- An inclusive work environment with diverse, international, inspiring colleagues
- An exceptionally fast growing company in a highly disruptive industry
- Shares in the company for full-time employees (we’re a Unicorn company)
- Free beverages and snacks
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.