Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our passion is designing and building powerful 3D printing tools. Our manufacturing team is responsible for research and development of the manufacturing processes for all of Formlabs products. They work cross functionally with mechanical design, electrical, and materials teams.
If you’re excited to help us develop and deploy calibration equipment and assembly tools, we want you as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Create jigs and fixtures for testing and validations of designs
- Improve existing manufacturing equipment, helping us grow with our volumes
- Establish in line or intermediate checks to catch failures earlier
- Design and conduct timing studies and line analysis; watch a process and put metrics around it, and improve on them.
- Evaluating contract manufacturers who create our custom parts and work with them to improve their output
- Communicate with design engineers to ensure design changes are adopted
- Have a Bachelor's degree in an applicable engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, etc.)
- Are a hands-on engineer, well versed in hardware debugging and experimental design
- 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Have been involved in bringing electro-mechanical products from prototype to mass production
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturers
- Experience evaluating production line performance metrics such as yield, cycle time, OEE, MTBF & MTTR
- Have a desire to deeply understand system level interactions of complex electro-mechanical products
- Have a proven track record of bringing products to market on time and within budget
- Have experience with Python
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.