Algorithms Test Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
Software is at the center of our product development, as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
We’re looking for a problem solving engineer to decrease the time to resolve software issues. From finding bugs in their infancy, to triple checking release builds -- we’re looking for someone with a passion for making exceptional machines robust.
If you’re a meticulous and creative problem solver who thrives in interdisciplinary environments, join the Form Team as our Algorithms Test Engineer.
- Work with software and hardware to test a growing family of 3D printers
- Investigate and debug software issues in 3D print preparation, firmware and print execution
- Use the first-hand knowledge you will gain on 3D printers to improve error analysis and testing plans
- Test software releases, develop release plans, break things
- Assess testing load and feature risks to give input to our specifications and schedules
- Have an engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Have programming experience and be comfortable with the Unix shell
- Be able to demonstrate your problem solving skills, including what it means to deeply investigate a problem
- Demonstrate good organization and communication
- Demonstrate that you can acquire new technical skills quickly
- Experience with 3D printers of any kind, robotics or other applications that move motors
- Python coding experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.