Localization and Translation Intern - French Speaking (m/f/d)
Location: Berlin, Germany
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is looking for a Localization and Translation Intern - France to help broadcast our message and bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every professional designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Localization at Formlabs is a small but growing team, where you will work with technical and marketing content across multiple other teams. Formlabs typically relies on translators to translate from English (source language) to German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Chinese (target languages). As a Localization Team member, you will take care of assuring the communications with external translators and coordinate the in-house revisions to fine-tune the quality of our message and finalize document formatting.
Join the Localization Team @ Formlabs as a Localization Intern if you want to play a big part in how our content explains our products and empower us to reach potential customers in a dynamic, global market space.
- Revision (QC) and proofreading tasks of translated texts against deadlines
- Perform pre-translation, including machine translation, terminology extraction, identifying potential errors in the source text, etc
- Compile feedback to and from translators and typesetters, to improve their quality and our process
- Maintain Formlabs termbase, translation memory and guidelines
- Back-up localization project management
- You have an excellent command (C2 level) in communication in French and English
- Bring basic experience handling - writing, reading, translating, etc - relevant publications, such as technical/scientific, dental and medical, commercial and promotional;
- Have a passion for translation, linguistics, terminology, philology (or a language-related field);
- Are highly organized and accustomed to juggling many tasks and maintaining information in multiple systems;
- Simultaneously maintain a keen eye for detail and the big picture.
- Experience with translation software
- An inclusive work environment with diverse, international, inspiring colleagues
- An exceptionally fast-growing company in a highly disruptive industry
- Development opportunities both in-house and offsite
- Catering three times per week, free beverages and snacks
- Semester BVG ticket covered
- Discount for Urban Sports Club
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events.
We build amazing things. Come join us.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.