Supplier Industrialization Engineer (Feeder)
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
A Supplier Industrialization Engineer is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. Your goal is delivering on time deliveries of quality component parts into Formlabs’ production environment. If you are someone who thrives on driving products to completion we want you as a Supplier Industrialization Engineer.
- Communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot critical decision making.
- Accountable to tracking and improving supplier manufacturing process development
- Negotiating with suppliers on cost and maintaining commitments
- Initiate and complete supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance and on time delivery
- Identify cost reduction opportunities based on solid understanding of cost drivers and manufacturing processes
- 2+ years post graduate experience working in a strategic sourcing or manufacturing role
- Skilled at negotiation and holding suppliers accountable
- Ready to travel and visit suppliers in all corners of the earth to find the highest quality components
- Able to implement QC measures for components on the manufacturing floor
- Excited to source, contact, and evaluate potential suppliers for quality, reliability, and capacity
- An independent worker and team player who can work with a variety of teams on-site and remotely
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Advanced use of spreadsheets
- 3D CAD design, particularly SolidWorks
- Experience working with factories producing high volume consumer products
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.