Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. We pride ourselves on making great products.
We pride ourselves on making great products. As a Mechanical Engineer you will research, design, prototype build and manufacture the mechanism and systems that will allow our printers to be reliable for customers.
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your mechanical engineering work or projects is required.
- Push the capabilities of 3D printing
- Dive into the details of problems to develop simple cost-effective solution
- Design and prototype new mechanisms, test materials, and research challenges
- Create detailed designs and well-specified drawings in CAD
These are some of the traits that make mechanical engineers successful at Formlabs, and we hope:
- You enjoy the details of part design, material selection, and manufacturing techniques
- You have a familiarity with a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, and machining
- You can use solid modeling to design components, produce drawings, and build assemblies
- You can quickly prototype your own designs
- You have experience with the full product development cycle
- You can theoretically model a system
- You are familiar with instrumentation and design validation
- You can work across cross discipline boundaries to solve a problem
- You have a good mechanical intuition
Stand out traits:
- Experience working with domestic and overseas vendors and contract manufacturers
- Electronics and circuit design
- Programming skills
- Industrial design
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.