Robotic Motion Planning and Algorithms Engineer
Location: Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
Under the hood Formlabs printers are sophisticated robotic platforms which are exactly programmed to produce great results and a seamless user experience. To achieve this we employ a wide range of robot motion planning and computational geometric algorithms.
We are looking for someone who can fuse high-performance software algorithms and robotic control to build world-class printer control software. We’re working to reinvent additive manufacturing to enable designers, engineers, researchers, health practitioners, and artists all around the world to more easily make their visions a reality.
With expertise in software and robotics you will be a part of a small R&D team that will work from prototype to production as fast as possible. Previous projects have included temporary support structure generation, laser and motor toolpath generation, part auto-orientation and more.
- Collaborate with our software and hardware teams to take features from concept to ship
- Focused on building features related to computational geometry, toolpathing, and algorithms
- Contribute to the development of new digital manufacturing systems.
- Have a proven ability to build high-performance software algorithms that are good enough ship to hundreds of thousands of users
- Are a creative problem solver: many of our problems seem intractable when applying standard solutions
- Have a strong intuition for algorithms and geometry
- Excited to understand the greater hardware and software systems that your work will be used in. Excellent solutions come from deep understanding of the problem space
- Experience in C++ or other desktop software is a plus
- A background in physics, mechanical engineering, or similar
- Including a sample of your work, those with portfolios get stronger preference
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
Please note that this position is based out of Durham, North Carolina.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.