Global Sourcing Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The components we source from all over the world are important to the success of our products and company. We must carefully balance our needs to lower costs while ensuring high-performance, reliability, and abundant supply. You’ll work with our suppliers face-to-face to expand the capabilities of Formlabs and directly improve our products. If you are inspired by a passion for streamlining and optimization, we want you as a Global Sourcing Engineer.
- Negotiating with suppliers on cost and maintaining commitments
- Work directly with current and potential suppliers to keep our pipeline flowing
- Identify cost reduction opportunities based on solid understanding of cost drivers and manufacturing processes
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement principles
- Initiate and complete supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance and on time delivery
- Partner with engineering to improve specifications to ensure quality components
- 2+ years post graduate experience working in a strategic sourcing or manufacturing role
- Skilled at negotiation and holding suppliers accountable
- Ready to travel and visit suppliers in all corners of the earth to find the highest quality components
- Able to implement QC measures for components on the manufacturing floor
- Excited to source, contact, and evaluate potential suppliers for quality, reliability, and capacity
- An independent worker and team player who can work with a variety of teams on-site and remotely
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Advanced use of spreadsheets
- 3D CAD design, particularly SolidWorks
- Experience working with factories producing high volume consumer products
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.