Head of Engineering
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing quickly on all fronts. We employ 500+ people with over $100M in revenue, and have closed a Series D investment at a $1B valuation. Our headquarters is in the Boston area and we have offices in 5 other countries.
In this role, you will report directly to our CEO and will be essential to driving our team and product growth.
If you are looking to pioneer the innovation of next-generation digital fabrication technology and are excited about leading a rapidly growing engineering division, then we want you to be our Head of Engineering.
- Manage a team of 100+ engineers across mechanical, electrical, software, optics
- Hire and retain top talent
- Develop Formlabs core hardware and software products
- Work with the senior leadership team to set the direction for Formlabs product development
- Drive engineering teams to develop quality products on schedule while meeting cost targets
- Develop, track, and control the development of the engineering R&D budget
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Are driven to build products that lead in their field by solving difficult technical challenges
- Have experience over many or all of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, optics, software (embedded up to web), materials science, product management
- Are equally comfortable:
- Diving deep into an experimental result, CAD file, or code
- Discussing effective hiring practices, performance management, and organizational structure
- Passion for manufacturing, digital fabrication, or 3D printing
- The chance to be part of an exceptionally fast-growing company in a disruptive industry
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D printing
Please note you will be based out of our Somerville, MA office (Formlabs headquarters)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.