Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Facilities Operations team is looking for someone who will oversee the daily facilities operations of our 70,000 SF, three-building campus to ensure the functional capability of the space. If you’re excited to manage the overall function of the facilities team and facility management, including managing subcontractors, managing requests from internal stakeholders, and conducting repairs and maintenance, we want you as our Facilities Manager.
- Manage existing facilities operations staff of 5, office and operating expenses and budget
- Managed technical office build-outs, working with internal stakeholders on R&D, Sales, and Engineering teams, while negotiating vendor contracts
- Manage office expansions, and negotiate upcoming real estate and contractor agreements for office moves
- Implement new safety practices as needed, and champion a safe working culture
- Ensure our facilities meet company and legal safety regulations through regular building inspections
- Provide general facility support and routine maintenance work including HVAC improvements, and office moves or equipment repairs Develop site-specific work procedures and processes to manage the grounds, maintenance, and other assigned areas (i.e. mail and package delivery)
- Oversee third-party service providers who are responsible for ongoing, day-to-day management of the facility, such as waste management and safety contractors
- Work collaboratively with the employee experience team and R&D stakeholders to plan, operate, maintain, and improve the physical work spaces
- Have managed complex office or laboratory build-outs, worked with internal stakeholders while negotiating vendor contracts
- Have an OSHA Training Certification
- Have excellent project management skills
- Strong collaborator and team player, willing to jump into anything
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Can operate under pressure, meet deadlines, and pivot quickly
- Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing or HVAC/Refrigeration training is required
- Professional facilities experience, preferably at a life sciences company
- Have the ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.