Additive Manufacturing Customer Project Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to desktops, clinics, and factories throughout the world.
The Business Development team at Formlabs builds partnerships with leading companies to create the future of 3D printing by pioneering new applications for Formlabs printers and materials. We help executives at companies like New Balance and Gillette launch new businesses around Formlabs printers through Formlabs Factory Solutions, serving as expert advisers, project managers, and application engineers as needed.
We are looking for a person with two skill sets: 1) project management to shepherd customer-facing development work from scoping to delivery and 2) additive manufacturing expertise to help customers redesign their products and factories to take full advantage of 3D printing. If you can deliver top quality technical work as part of a million-dollar project that you’re also managing, then join our Business Development team to help lead an order-of-magnitude increase in the impact of 3D printing.
- Advise high value customers and prospects on the technical aspects of 3D printing including design for additive manufacturing and setting up an efficient additive factory.
- Manage projects for customers involving a variety of stakeholders and multiple technical teams at Formlabs.
- Collaborate with commercial members of the Business Development team to assess project feasibility and create timelines and budgets for project proposals.
- Perform application engineering work on topics such as post-processing of 3D printed parts, printing with experimental materials, and hybrid workflows involving additive manufacturing and other industrial processes.
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, and videos to communicate results.
- Are skilled in polymer additive manufacturing
- Have a technical background with CAD and project management experience
- Communicate complex technical concepts clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Work well independently and as part of a high-performing team
- Are an expert in coordinating people and resources not directly under your control
- Enjoy traveling frequently to speak with customers
- Experience with mechanical engineering simulation (e.g., FEA)
- Experience with lattices and generative design
- Experience with Formlabs stereolithography (SLA) 3D printers
- Experience with selective laser sintering (SLS)
- Flexible vacation
- Commuter benefits
- Premium dental, vision, and medical coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.