Build Team Intern
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is building the future of desktop fabrication. As part of the Build Team you will work across all our engineering functions, and get your hands on every part of the development process from the first idea to the final machine. You will be responsible for prototyping, building, and testing systems that will go into future generations of our 3D printers.
If you are passionate about building hardware through interdisciplinary hands-on work, we want you to join us on the Build Team.
- Prototype and test new engineering designs by building and testing hardware
- Keep our growing fleet of experimental 3D printers running at peak performance
- Love working hands-on with mechanical and electrical hardware
- Clear communicator who can work within and across many teams
- A born problem-solver who loves to work on puzzles
- An organized, autonomous, and focused independent operator
- Able to balance a wide variety of projects on tight deadlines
- Familiar with electronic tools, components, and processes (PCBs, multimeters, soldering and re-working boards, crimping and assembling cables, DigiKey)
- Familiar with mechanical tools, components, and processes (laser cutter, CNC mill, power tools, woodworking tools, McMaster)
- Can make and read clear engineering drawings, including GD&T
- Ready to build, test, or tweak whatever needs to be done
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Experience as machinist or fabricator
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.