Manufacturing Operations Manager - Asia
Location: Asia Pacific
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs manufacturing operations are the key to placing powerful digital fabrication tools into the hands of designers and engineers around the world. Manufacturing thousands of printers is already an enormous task – and the complexity will grow as we build tens and even hundreds of thousands of electronic products each year.
If you are a seasoned Asian Operations leader with a strong technical background who can build a robust and adaptable supply chain, optimize the performance of our production line, build capacity for new products and sales growth and drive effective scaling of our cost structure, we want you to join our team as our head of Asian Operations.
- Selection, management and performance of contract manufacturing and raw material partners
- Ruthlessly eliminate production defects and ensure high quality manufacturing output
- Aggressively drive cost reduction initiatives (product, process, supply chain)
- Lead strategies to scale manufacturing and supply chain operations
- Identify and enable manufacturing capabilities to support future products / technologies
- Lead successful NPI transitions from US design teams to Asia manufacturing
- Build a strong Asia team to scale with the business
- Have extensive hands-on manufacturing experience of consumer products
- Can work with contract manufacturers and suppliers to ensure the highest quality product
- Drive inefficiencies out of a manufacturing line without compromising quality
- Are an expert in contracts, price negotiation, performance metrics, and oversight of contract manufacturers
- Ready to build and lead a high performing Asia based team
- Experience working with multinational companies
- Implement cutting-edge manufacturing processes to identify problems and rapidly adapt to evolving designs
- Love data and perform sophisticated analytics to improve operations
- Can travel to key manufacturing and supplier sites around the world
- Are process oriented but ready to be agile and innovative
- Are excited to join a fast-paced, bureaucracy averse startup with a flat organizational structure
- 2D or 3D print industry experience
- Programming proficiency, particularly Python
- Multi-lingual (Mandarin and English)
Note: This position will be based in one of our manufacturing partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.