Mechanical Engineer - Sustaining Engineering
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing Sustaining Engineering team ensures that Formlabs products are productive and reliable. Data is at the core of our business, providing insights into the quality of our products. We're the team that interprets data from the field and implements improvements to manufacturing process, software, and hardware design.
Do you want to use your skills to improve the user experience and fix product issues? We want you to join the Sustaining Engineering team as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Perform hands-on and data-driven root cause analysis of mechanical subsystems utilizing common problem solving methodologies
- Design and implement mechanical product changes to solve issues, verify fix effectiveness with a data driven approach
- Work with the Manufacturing teams to create processes, tests, and procedures to improve machine reliability and manufacturing efficiency
- Become an expert in Formlabs' 3D printing technology, and collaborate with design teams on corrective actions, design reviews, and validation testing
- Are well versed in hardware debugging and passionate about understanding why things work (or don’t)
- Can prototype and run your own tests, from experimental design to practical, hands on implementation
- Have experience designing or debugging complex electromechanical systems
- Able to design for reliability including modeling, theory, and accelerated testing
- Have familiarity with complex electromechanical systems and multiple disciplines of engineering - outside of mechanical engineering
- Scripting ability, including python, SQL, bash, and related data analysis tools
- 3+ years experience in mechanical design, manufacturing, quality control, or integration engineering
- Previous experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other process optimization techniques
- Experience using statistical models to draw conclusions
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.