Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Industrial Design team enables accessible and productive experiences for our users and communicates the values of the brand through beautiful, functional products. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of designers, engineers, and scientists to make a significant impact on a rapidly-emerging class of products. If you are passionate about delivering great user experiences and have the skills to contribute, we want you to join our team as an Industrial Designer.
Sharing a portfolio/website that reflects your work or projects is required.
- Lead the design of new products from idea to production
- Develop concepts, with clear and compelling visual communication
- Prototype continuously, from quick mockups to refined cosmetic models
- Test designs with users, translate results back into the design process
- Create high quality CAD to communicate design intent
- Collaborate with engineering and suppliers to create manufacturable solutions
- Degree in Industrial Design (Architecture / Engineering with experience considered)
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience
- A developed sense of aesthetics and care for details
- Experience solving complex problems with engineering and manufacturability constraints
- Strong skill in design tools: CAD, Keyshot, and Adobe CC
- Strong sketching skills
- Comfortable creating prototypes using a variety of methods
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.