Lead Devops Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Founded in 2011, became a unicorn company in 2018, Formlabs is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. By building up the Product Development Center in Hungary, we opened our Budapest office just over two years ago to establish key Engineering and Customer Teams in this region. Having a dynamically growing team with 30+ people we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Formlabs is growing fast, and that means a lot of data to crunch, software to build, and web applications to scale. Our DevOps team collaborates with engineers of all stripes throughout the company to get them compute resources and data that help them do their jobs. You’ll work closely with the web, software, systems, and customer teams while supporting the core applications that run Formlabs’s business.
This role is also unique in that your contributions touch far more than our web applications and data infrastructure - DevOps at Formlabs also encompasses work that enables our desktop software, firmware, and factory software platforms, so you will get a chance to contribute to our product development success.
If you’re a savvy developer who wants to jump onboard a huge variety of projects and collaborate with a number of smart engineers, we want you on the software team as a Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Provide technical leadership for the team
- Partner up with Desktop, Embedded, Web, and Systems SW development teams to help them succeed
- Own the build and CI (Jenkins) infrastructure with their configurations
- Provide basic building blocks to enable developers to create their own CI pipelines
- Own the Version Control System (GitHub) integration, including Pull Requests builds
- Develop tools boosting engineering productivity
- Automate AWS or GCP public cloud providers via APIs and tools
- Profile and scale up our web applications
- Can comfortably do Linux system administration and automation with tools like Ansible and Packer
- Are familiar with container creation and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Understand C++ build processes (e.g. CMake, compilers, QT, Conan)
- Are willing to be a part of an on-call support rotation for global Formlabs applications and infrastructure
- Have an understanding of SQL, database tuning, and data warehouse platforms
Bonus points for:
- Solid web development skills (Django, React, Redux)
- Experience with automating and templating Kubernetes deployments with tools like Helm
- GCP experience
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring teams
- Shares in the company
- Development opportunities both in-house and offsite
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Weekly food delivery credit (Wolt)
- Free beverages and snacks all around the office
- Monthly public transportation pass
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
If you’re passionate about 3D printing, love being part of an international team, and care about delivering value to users, we would love to hear from you!
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.