French Translator, Localization Team
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every professional designer, engineer, researcher, manufacturer, and artist in the world.
Localization at Formlabs is a fast-growing and fundamental team based in Berlin and Budapest, with a new in-house translator team in Budapest. As a French Translator, you will take care translating English (source language) marketing and technical support content to French (target language) for a wide range of audiences that include engineering, manufacturing, dental, medical, jewelry, and education. You’ll also be involved in revisions to fine-tune the quality of our translations from agencies and external translators.
Join the Localization Team @ Formlabs as a French Translator if you want to play a big part in how our content explains our products and empower us to reach potential customers in a dynamic, global market space.
- Translate English (source language) marketing, technical support, and manufacturing content to French (target language)
- Revision, proofreading, and post-edition of translated documents
- Perform pre-translation, including machine translation, terminology extraction, identifying potential errors in the source text, etc.
- Provide feedback to localization specialists and content writers to improve their quality and our process
- Manage and creation of termbases, maintain Formlabs termbase and translation memory
- Consult specialist dictionaries, thesauruses, and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology
- Research legal, technical, and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation
- Provide project management and marketing copywriting support when required
- Are a French speaker (C2 level), a grammar expert, and have an excellent command of communication in English (written and verbal)
- Have 2+ years of translation (freelance translator, agency, in-house translator) and editing experience, or equivalent
- Have experience in marketing and can understand marketing communication style, tone, and brand strategy
- Have experience with translation software and CAT tools, such as memoQ, XTM, Trados, and Memsource - tools for translation
- Bring experience translating relevant publications, such as marketing, technical/scientific, dental and medical, commercial, and promotional
- Are able to communicate complex technical and non-technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Have a passion for translation, linguistics, terminology, philology (or a language-related field)
- Are able to work according to tight deadlines and independently
- Simultaneously maintain a keen eye for detail and the big picture
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing tools, such as 3D Printing, CAD/CAM, and/or Additive Manufacturing
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring teams
- Shares in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Development opportunities both in-house and offsite
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Weekly food delivery credit (Wolt)
- Free beverages and snacks all around the office
- Monthly public transportation pass
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
We look forward to your application! Please attach your CV and cover letter when applying. Our Team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Perks are subject to adjustments and may vary from team to team.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.