Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs products are known for their high quality and reliability. The manufacturing team manages production processes that ensure an amazing product for our users. Designing and owning the manufacturing process is core to Formlabs success and this position is key in ensuring we maintain and grow our market advantage in this area.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager who will lead a multi-national team responsible for the health and well-being of the assembly lines that produce Formlabs’ core products.
- Manage a talented team of manufacturing engineers, setting KPIs for the team, and assist team members with personal goal setting and performance evaluation.
- Design the manufacturing process from early pilots to transitioning and scaling with contract manufacturers in Asia
- Monitor, analyze, and adjust manufacturing processes as the product design matures
- Leverage factory data through the use of python and tableau to identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Evaluate performance of contract manufacturers, highlighting both areas of excellence and improvement. Assist in the development of improvement plans.
- Develop and implement production processes that ensure our core products are manufactured with the highest quality possible while keeping costs to a minimum.
- A leader who can hire, manage, and develop a team of diverse team of manufacturing and engineering talent
- NPI experience bringing new electro-mechanical products to market
- Experience managing partnerships in Asia to bring products to market
- Have built organizations and processes for high growth companies
- A driving change agent
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.