Software Development Engineer in Test
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. The Software Team develops the printer firmware that drives our hardware, and PreForm, one of the most powerful and intuitive desktop print applications with advanced 3D geometric and print algorithms.
We’re looking for a new member in our Software team to turn product requirements into test scenarios, and test scenarios into automated tests. The goal is to establish a robust test pyramid, which enables our engineering team to create simple and efficient tests to ensure high-quality products.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will collaborate with product managers, electrical engineers, system engineers and with the rest of our software team. You will participate in all parts of the software development to ensure our software runs on the printers, desktops and servers as intended.
If you’re a meticulous and creative problem solver who has a passion for making exceptional products robust - join the Formlabs Team as a Software Development Engineer in Test.
- Establish an automated testing pipeline for our printer firmware running on dedicated hardware
- Improve and maintain the existing automated test suites
- Partner up with developers to shape our testing processes and ensure testing happens early
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to turn product requirements into test scenarios
- Define and execute release test plans including automated and manual tests
- 3D print a lot to test the end product
- Experience in writing and maintaining automated tests
- Experience in dynamic languages, preferably Python
- Be able to work with C++
- Know Linux and shell scripting
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
Bonus points for:
- Experience with hardware systems
- Experience with Go
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring teams
- Shares in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Development opportunities both in-house and offsite
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Weekly food delivery credit (Wolt)
- Free beverages and snacks all around the office
- Monthly public transportation pass
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
If you’re passionate about 3D printing, love being part of an international team, and care about delivering value to users, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.