Department: Global Marketing
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every professional designer, engineer, researcher, manufacturer, and artist in the world.
Localization at Formlabs is a fast-growing and fundamental team, where you will work with marketing and technical support content across and connect multiple other teams. Formlabs typically relies on translators to translate from English (source language) to German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese (target languages). As a Localization Specialist, you will take care of assuring the communications and project management with our new in-house translator team, agencies, and external translators, and you’ll coordinate the in-house revisions to fine-tune the quality of our message and finalize document formatting.
Join the Localization Team @ Formlabs as a Localization Specialist if you want to play a big part in how our content explains our products and empower us to reach potential customers in a dynamic, global market space.
- Manage localization projects and communicate with requesters, content writers, reviewers, designers, and translators
- Revise (QC) and proofread tasks of translated texts against deadlines
- Perform pre-translation, including machine translation, terminology extraction, identifying potential errors in the source text, etc
- Perform pre-typesetting, including document exporting, linked media compilation, and specific design requirements
- Compile feedback to and from translators and typesetters, to improve their quality and our process
- Track and maintain versions of documents in internal and external storage libraries across multiple languages
- Use CAT tools, such as memoQ or XTM to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency
- Manage and creation of termbases, maintain Formlabs termbase and translation memory
- Consult specialist dictionaries, thesauruses, and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology
- Research legal, technical, and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation
- Calculate translation expenses and check invoices from translators
- Help to evaluate and find new agencies, freelancers, and service providers.
- Are a grammar expert and have an excellent command (C1/C2 level) in communication in English
- Are fluent in at least 1 other language from the following: German (preferred), French, Italian, or Spanish
- Bring experience handling - writing, reading, translating, etc - relevant publications, such as marketing, technical/scientific, dental and medical, commercial, and promotional
- Have experience with translation software and CAT tools, such as memoQ, XTM, Trados, and Memsource - tools for translation
- Have a passion for translation, linguistics, terminology, philology (or a language-related field);
- Are highly organized and accustomed to juggling many tasks and maintaining information in multiple systems;
- Simultaneously maintain a keen eye for detail and the big picture.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of manufacturing tools, such as 3D Printing, CAD/CAM, and/or Additive Manufacturing
- Weekly Wolt credits (7500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery to the office
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- Unlimited 3D prints
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
We look forward to your application! Please attach your CV and cover letter when applying. Our Team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Perks are subject to adjustments and may vary from team to team.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.