Field Service Technician - Atlanta, GA or Tallahassee, FL
Department: Global Services
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
User satisfaction lies at the heart of Formlabs’ success. The capabilities of our technology are growing rapidly, and so are the needs of our team. We’re looking for:
- Advanced problem solvers to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it
- Empathetic communicators to keep our users’ trust
- Capable tinkerers to get broken printers up and running on-site with our customers
- Expert teachers to help our customers learn the ropes of 3D printing
Our incredible Customer Support Team connects with those users in a variety of different ways, through email, live chat, phone support, on-site service, and live trainings. As our product lines expand, our team is also expanding to include on-site service, training, and maintenance. Help us extend our world-class remote service offerings directly to our customers’ doorsteps.
If you’re looking to give the best-in-class on-site service for 3D printing professionals and enthusiasts around the world, we want you as a Field Service Technician.
*Note: this is a full-time remote position based in Atlanta, GA region or Tallahassee, FL region, though travel to our office in Somerville on a regular basis is expected. You must be located in the Atlanta, GA region or the Tallahassee, FL region area to be considered for this role.
- Act as the first point of contact for current and potential customers. Answer questions and solve their technical issues effectively via phone, email, live chat.
- Be accountable for maintaining a good customer experience throughout remote and on-site engagements
- Maintain accurate documentation relating to all on-site visits and repairs
- Travel to customer sites to resolve issues, complete repairs, and perform maintenance on our products. Travel up to 100% of time (30%-50% estimated average.)
- Deliver live product trainings and demonstrations
- Print in 3D to your heart’s content
- Experience fixing electro-mechanical machines
- Love to make your customer’s day by not only answering their question but also anticipating those to come
- Work well independently and under pressure. Handle stressful situations with tact and urgency.
- Communicate professionally with customers and fellow employees
- Have a knack for problem solving, getting to the bottom of things, and creating effective solutions
- Excited about learning and always want to know more
- Previous experience providing field service for hardware products
- Experience with 3D modeling, printing and digital fabrication
- Background or education in engineering, design, or the sciences
- Background or education in electrical systems
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.