Sustaining Engineering Intern
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing Sustaining Engineering team is responsible for product field performance and reliability. User reported issues provide insights into product quality and influence decision making. We analyze data and drive improvements to hardware design, manufacturing process and software. Our team collaborates across many functions and geographic regions to enhance user experience and enhance product quality.
Do you want to leverage problem solving, data analytics, test engineering and design iteration to improve Formlabs products? We want you to join our team as a Sustaining Engineering Intern.
- Perform hands-on root cause analysis of electro-mechanical subsystems utilizing structured problem solving and test and learn cycles
- Design and implement mechanical product changes to address issues then validate solutions using a data driven approach
- Work with the Manufacturing, Integration and Test teams to create processes, tests, and procedures to improve machine reliability and manufacturing efficiency
- Have previous exposure to hardware debug and are passionate about understanding why things work (or don’t)
- Can prototype and run your own tests from experimental design to practical, hands-on implementation
- Have experience designing or integrating electromechanical systems
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.