Software Engineering Manager
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will manage at least 8 software engineers and technical leads for multiple software projects. You will coordinate with remote software engineering teams to plan large projects and set schedules. The Software Engineering Lead will be involved in a range of projects, from core 3D printing algorithm development to 3D rendering to web-based services and UI/UX.
- Work closely with software and hardware product managers and 3D printing R&D teams to coordinate a stream of new algorithms, features and 3D printers
- Coordinate with two remote software teams on release and project planning
- Actively participate software architecture decisions
- Full responsibility for hiring and team development
- Have a history of shipping lots of features
- Have been the manager and technical leader of at least one group of five or more software engineers, ideally two groups
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.