Graphic Design Intern
Department: Global Marketing
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs develops the most powerful and thoughtful software experiences in the industry. 3D printing remains a fairly complex and intimidating process, and our ultimate goal is to bring this exciting technology to a broad variety of users in the most accessible, friendly, and empowering way possible.
As a member of the team, you will work alongside our designers and studio teams to create a process and structure. Your role as the Graphic Design Intern is to support the creative marketing team with the concepting and creation of digital and print marketing assets.
- Create designs from inception to final product for any number of projects, including: manuals for new products, illustrations, icons, etc.
- Collaborate with the creative and marketing teams to design assets and interactions that communicate Formlabs vision to the world
- Use your visual and digital design skills to help us tell beautiful stories
- Concept development for future state design directions
- Passionate about design and the user experience, both physical and digital
- Are an independent thinker and a digital storyteller
- Have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Have an understanding of traditional and contemporary design standards (typography, color theory, and brand communication)
- Ready to do self-guided work
- A multi-faceted communicator who can explain design decisions to any audience
- A flexible thinker who can craft new designs and be ready to switch gears when priorities change
- Interested in learning new tools and techniques
- Have a background in design or fine arts
- An interest in 3D printing and related technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.