Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As we continue to develop new technology that pushes the envelope of what is possible with 3D printers, we’re looking for a hands-on engineering technician to help us build the impossible. You’ll work with our engineering team to invent, develop, and advance our core hardware line of products. The work will span across all engineering disciplines with projects encompassing a wide variety of projects.
Are you excited to meticulously build prototypes, create specialty tooling, conduct engineering tests and support a wide range of engineering projects? Are you a maker and love DIY projects? We want you as an Engineering Technician.
*Submitting a portfolio of previous work/projects with your application is recommended*
- Work on a collaborative team of technicians to undertake tasks across engineering teams to help rapidly iterate and advance programs
- Help debug mechanical issues on prototype hardware or instrumentation, propose a solution, and fix them
- Undertake work in a machine shop environment to fabricate parts and assemblies
- Help design and run experiments on prototypes of next-generation printers.
- Meticulously log data and record outcomes and communicate them effectively within the team
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to coordinate assembly and installation of new prototype hardware
- Build a variety of prototypes, calibration fixturing, assembly jigs, and engineering builds
- Maintain and repair our prototypes between various builds
- Have a wide background of hands-on skills ranging from fabricating experience, electrical experience, and prototype assembly.
- Experience in developing prototypes and making things from 'napkin sketches.'
- Have experience with with coding preferably Python
- Familiar with mechanical design, mechatronics, and CAD modeling (Solidworks a plus)
- Familiarity with engineering assembly drawings and part drawings
- Have a “can do” attitude and be willing to take on challenging even if it maybe out of the comfort zone
- Excellent communicator, always providing stakeholders with updates on status and results
- Experience with engineering testing equipment
- Familiar with GD&T and various types of metrology equipment
- Experience using CNC mills, lathes, laser cutters, welding, Soldering SMT Components and optical alignment.
- Previous experience developing consumer hardware.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.