Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Electrical engineering at Formlabs bridges the gap between the analog and digital worlds. If you love to design and build boards from the ground up, develop firmware to control complex electromechanical systems, and produce elegant solutions to real-world problems we want you as an Electrical Engineer.
We look for people who are passionate about learning and taking on new challenges, care about the bigger picture impact of their work, and are interested in building strong collaborative relationships with teammates and between teams.
- Own the design of electronic and electromechanical systems, including research, design, prototyping, testing and validation, DFM, and production ramp-up
- Work across teams and disciplines to develop detailed engineering requirements starting from high-level product goals
- Create experiments, collect and analyze data, and apply a scientific approach to engineering design problems
- Solve problems across technical domains and across the product development lifecycle, from early-stage research to field failures of products in mass production.
- Grow into taking responsibility for larger and more complex systems over time
- Can share examples of engineering projects (work or personal) that you have been responsible for from start to finish and have shipped in quantity greater than one
- Have experience with circuit design and analysis, PCB design, and debugging
- Have at least a basic understanding of software development for embedded systems in C or C++
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Experience with mechanical engineering topics that relate to electromechanical systems, such as motion system design, electromechanical sensor design, etc.
- Experience designing line-voltage electronics and handling AC loads of 1 kW or more
- You have worked with vendors and contract manufacturers to specify custom components and take them from samples to mass production
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.