Applications Engineer - Working Student (w/m/d)
Location: Berlin, Germany
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, artist, and manufacturer.
We’re currently looking for an Applications Engineer - Working Student (w/m/d) to join our Product Team in Berlin, to support us on a 20hr / week basis. The Product Team at Formlabs helps see our hardware, materials, and software products to completion. Application engineers within our Engineering vertical are busy masterminding exciting new capabilities of our products, by collecting customer and employee inputs and analysing workflows of new and existing customers. As our new working student in applications engineering, you will directly support our Applications Engineer in her role to expand, grow, and educate the Formlabs user base on how 3D printing can provide value to their work.
- Establish a database of potential external technical collaborators by analysing data from our customer relationship management platform and conducting user interviews
- Perform an internal audit of our current engineering and manufacturing assets based on marketing data and qualitative content evaluation
- Conduct competitive benchmarking to understand the gaps of our products
- Derive insights and recommendations on what applications the team should focus on and what new assets should be developed in order to grow and educate Formlabs user base
- Support the team in identifying new applications for engineering and manufacturing users
- Build an applications inventory with your data collection, findings and prioritization based on strategic value
- Technical-minded with a strong interest in manufacturing technologies and processes
- Highly analytical and experienced analysing data to draw insightful conclusions
- Interest in marketing and customer relationship
- Curious with excellent communication skills
- Speak English fluently
- Passion for 3D printing and emerging technologies
- Experience in rapidly-growing startup environments
- Fluency in German or any other European language is a bonus
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- In-office catering 3x per week, plus daily free beverages and snacks
- Monthly mobility subsidy
- Weekly yoga classes
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Fun team events
We build amazing things. Come join us!
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.