Build and Release Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in Boston in 2011, and reaching unicorn status in 2018, Formlabs is now valued at 2Bn dollars and is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. We opened our Budapest office just over two years ago to establish key Engineering and Business teams in the region. With a dynamically-growing team of 40+ dedicated people, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. The Software Team develops the printer firmware that drives our hardware, and PreForm, the most powerful and intuitive desktop print application supporting macOS and Windows.
We are looking for a Build and Release Engineer for our 3D printer’s software ecosystem with a user focused mindset and strong technical background. The Release Engineer owns the workflow and lifecycle of releases and updates of both our desktop applications as well as our 3D printer firmwares, ensuring that our users receive the best possible experience whether they are upgrading their 3D printing ecosystem, or installing PreForm the first time. By joining Formlabs you’ll have the opportunity to help get PreForm into users' hands, enabling them to create amazing 3D prints again and again.
- Deploy a cross platform application (Win, Mac) written in C++ using Qt
- Deploy our custom, Linux based firmware
- Connect our internal build infrastructure with AWS based deployment pipeline
- Take ownership and shape the future of our CI/CD tools and the release process
- Collaborate with different stakeholders (product managers, developers) to ensure we build and ship the right product
- Work in a product focused agile environment
- Some knowledge of C++ build systems and python
- Experience with basic AWS functionalities (mainly S3 and Lambda)
- Familiar with at least one software build system.
- Familiar with the git version control system.
- Knowledge of developing applications with C++, Python and shell scripts.
- Experience in developing applications on Windows / macOS or Linux
- Are willing to take initiatives and learn from failures
- Are excited to dive into a huge variety of challenges
- Experience creating automated software build systems
- Experience with CMake
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Yocto Linux
- Experience with development and release of desktop applications
- Experience in developing applications on multiple platforms
- Weekly Wolt credits (7500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- Unlimited 3D prints
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
Perks are subject to adjustments and may vary from team to team.
We build amazing things. Come join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.