Senior C++ Software Engineer
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in Boston in 2011, and reaching unicorn status in 2018, Formlabs is now valued at 2Bn dollars and is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. We opened our Budapest office just over two years ago to establish key Engineering and Business teams in the region. With a dynamically-growing team of 40+ dedicated people, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. We aim to bring ground-breaking 3D printers to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals the world over. Our software is integral to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing. The Software Team develops the printer firmware that drives our hardware, and PreForm, the most powerful and intuitive desktop print application with advanced 3D geometric and print algorithms.
We are looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer for our Desktop team with a user focused mindset and strong technical background. The Desktop team is responsible for implementing E2E software workflows, building and shipping PreForm, for ensuring ease of use, including high performing computations and rendering. By joining Formlabs you’ll have the opportunity to build an intuitive, world class print preparation application, PreForm, that enables users to create amazing 3D prints again and again.
- Cross platform application (Win, Mac) development using C++ / QT
- End-to-end feature development including design, implementation and testing
- Optimize and develop the renderer and data pipeline
- Design and implement well-structured code with strong focus on maintainability, testing and CI
- Collaborate with different stakeholders (product managers, designers) to ensure we build the right features
- Work in a product focused agile environment
- Have knowledge of modern C++
- Strong understanding of 3D rendering algorithms and related mathematics
- Are comfortable with complex algorithms (linear algebra and geometry)
- Can architect and implement complex software products
- Are willing to take initiatives and learn from failures
- Are excited to dive into a huge variety of challenges
- Can lead projects and have experience working with remote stakeholders
- Experience creating automated software build systems
- Experience with client side software development
- Weekly Wolt credits (7500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- Unlimited 3D prints
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
If you’re passionate about 3D printing, love being part of an international team, and care about delivering value to users, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.
Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.