Engineering Manager - Desktop Team
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world. Our printers are used by Google, Tesla, Gillette, and New Balance, just to name a few.
Founded in Boston in 2011, and reaching unicorn status in 2018, Formlabs is now valued at 2Bn dollars and is one of the leading 3D printer manufacturers in the world. We opened our Budapest office just over two years ago to establish key Engineering and Business teams in the region. With a dynamically-growing team of 40+ dedicated people, we're building a company so diverse that we can tackle any challenge.
Software is at the heart of all aspects of Formlabs products. As we are bringing our ground-breaking technology to the desks and shops of designers, artists, and professionals all around the world, our software becomes crucial to ensuring exceptional experiences with our products as it bridges the transition from digital models to beautiful physical form in 3D printing.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Desktop team with a strong technical background to lead and grow our Software engineering team in Budapest. The Desktop team is responsible for implementing E2E software workflows, building and shipping PreForm, for ensuring ease of use, including high performing computations and rendering. Being the EM of the Desktop team you will have a significant impact on each and every Formlabs user. You will directly report to Balázs Török, Budapest Engineering Lead.
- Grow and lead a team of software engineers through coaching and mentoring while hiring top talents
- Provide broad technical leadership for the team and be able to give detailed technical input on a daily basis
- Partner with product managers and designers to define the roadmap that delivers value to our users
- Guide your team in design and development, evolve existing development practices and lead by example
- Have experience in managing and developing high-performing engineering teams
- Have strong communication skills
- Be a hands-on technical leader who can give technical input
- Have strong experience, including hands-on, in building and shipping native (desktop or mobile) applications
- Have a track record of building and shipping high quality products
- Have a coaching mindset with exceptional people management skills
- Weekly Wolt credits (7500 HUF/week) for lunch delivery
- Private health insurance with Medicover
- Shares in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunity to travel to our Boston HQ
- Free beverages and snacks at the office
- Unlimited 3D prints
- A monthly or quarterly public transportation pass
- An inclusive, dog-friendly office with diverse and inspiring colleagues
- Development opportunities both in-house and off-site
- Fun team events
If you’re passionate about 3D printing, love being part of an international team, and care about delivering value to users, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.
Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.