Dental Applications Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every healthcare provider, designer, engineer, researcher and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing its Applications team to continue to push the boundaries of accessible desktop 3D printing. Our team engages in experimentation and collaboration to develop processes, tutorials, and white papers to inspire and inform Formlabs customers and the 3D printing community at large.
The dental industry is rapidly adopting 3D printing and other CAD CAM technologies. The Formlabs Dental Team is expanding to meet the high demands of the industry. We are looking for smart, detailed, and energetic people that get excited about helping to release cutting edge products. Join us as a Dental Applications Engineer!
- Produce, test, and validate dental applications
- Print setting and material testing
- Production of test parts held to the highest standards
- 3D scanning, file organization, data analysis, and logging
- Manage sample part production for trade shows and marketing
- Assist in testing requirements, goals, and features
- Laboratory and production management
- Manage dental prints for samples, assets, and testing
- Maintain CAD, PreForm, and analysis files and structure
- Quality control, inventory management, keeping space tidy
- Data reporting
- Report and communicate testing results
- Maintain reporting and data so wider team can use information easily
- Natural understanding for computers
- Excellent in verbal and written communication
- Detail oriented person
- Project management
- Familiarity with CAD/CAM software
- Basics of additive manufacturing
- A dental technician and/or CDT/RDT
- Working knowledge of digital dentistry workflows
- In-depth understanding of the dental industry
- Experience with dental CAD software, like ExoCAD and 3Shape
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.