Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Somerville, MA
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
3D printing requires a complex interplay of software, hardware, and electronics – our embedded engineers are the essential component that ties these teams together. As an Embedded Software Engineer at Formlabs, you’ll collaborate with electrical engineers, systems engineers, and the rest of our software team to build, shape, and define our embedded systems.
If you’re excited to hack on firmware and create elegant solutions to problems on real-world products, we want you to join the Embedded Software Engineering Team as an Embedded Software Engineer.
- Design and implement embedded software applications and firmware in both C++ and Python
- Work with R&D teams to integrate newly researched features into production or prototype firmwares
- Ship value-generating features to our users by releasing stable firmware to tens of thousands of machines
- Work with hardware engineers to define feasibility of future products and subsystems
We value diversity at Formlabs, and work to remove unconscious and unnecessary barriers to build the best team possible. While we’ve outlined what an ideal candidate could look like, we know that you may bring something unanticipated and essential to the team. If you’re reading this and can see yourself contributing, please apply!
- Ready to collaborate with a wide range of technical disciplines, including Software, Hardware, and Design teams
- Able to write with C++ and Python
- Comfortable developing in Unix environments
- Able to write, test, and debug low-level code (from microcontrollers to embedded Linux)
- Experience working with high-value consumer electronics
- Background in electronics or robotics
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.