Mechanical Engineering Intern
Location: Somerville, MA
If you are passionate about hands-on engineering and rapid prototyping and are ready to tackle intriguing challenges on a real world product, we want you on our team as a Mechanical Engineering Intern.
*A portfolio of previous engineering work/projects is required with your application*
- Have a desire to hone your skills and learn more about engineering design and the process of bringing products to market.
- Have worked with mechanical or electro-mechanical systems and want exposure to the inner workings of 3D printers.
- Have one-or-more of the following hands-on experiences:
- Lab research, member of a project team, prior internship or previous work experience
- Have an up to date resume and portfolio of your previous experience to highlight what you have learned and how you have applied that learning.
Designing 3D printers is a cross-discipline experience where each individual contributes a portion of the overall knowledge required to bring a product to market. It seems like a daunting task from the outside; however, it can be broken down into smaller pieces that, when combined, result in a sophisticated device that embodies a lot of science, engineering, and manufacturing know-how. As an intern, you will contribute to this process in the following ways:
- Design, assemble, test, and evaluate the performance of 3D printers.
- Participate in design reviews and help solve design, engineering, and manufacturing problems.
- Polish your time management and communication skills to increase your effectiveness as an engineer.
- Build prototype components and assemblies using our in-house facilities.
- Put your CAD skills to work designing parts and assemblies, creating engineering drawings and learning about the importance of documentation control.
- Assist with direct communications to our vendors and suppliers to help overcome production challenges.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.